Langtang is a region in Nepal to the north of Kathmandu and bordering Tibet. It is protected as Langtang national park and has a number of high peaks including Langtang Lirung (7246m).
About 4,500 people live inside the park, and many more depend on it for timber and firewood. The majority of the residents are Tamang.
The park contains a wide variety of climatic zones, from subtropical to alpine. Approximately 25% of the park is forested. Trees include the deciduous Oak and Maple, and evergreens likePine, and various types of Rhododendron . Animal life includes Himalayan Black Bear , the goat-like Himalayan Tahr , Rhesus monkeys and Red Pandas. There are also stories of Yeti sightings.
The park contains the Gosainkunda lakes, sacred to Hindus. Pilgrimages are made there in August. Another spiritual site is the Buddhist monastery Kyanjin Gompa.
Popular activities for tourists in the park include trekking, climbing, and white-water rafting.
Highest Point :
||Drive to Syabrubensi
||Kyangin Gompa - rest exploration day
||Drive back to Kathmandu
- All airport and hotel transfers
- 3-star hotel in Kathmandu ( Summit Hotel or another hotel of similar standard) with breakfast
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All accommodation and meals during the trek
- Domestic flights and airport departure taxes
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Summit Nepal Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee(bring small denomination USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters